Tuesday, July 13, 2010

family.


Since we've moved to Galveston, its been hard not to miss family! We have been so used
to both sides of our families being within 45 minutes of us. Its such 
a blessing to have both sets of families and to get along equally with
both. I know that is not the case in most marriages, and its something 
we are very grateful for.
Before we left we decided to 'share' time between the families.
Here we are at my parents house the night before we left:
getting to hold Tillie one more time!!

He looks good with a baby doesn't he? =)


matt and peyton playin in the pool.




my dad-the fierce griller!

then we all got our 'rock band' on! it was soo funny!!
josh was quite the singer. especially for jackson 5 songs=)



i tried the drums....tried
then madeline had her way with the microphone!!!


before that we were at the Carls house. Jeff and Becca
happened to be visiting for Jeff's sister's graduation that was near that same time.
IT was so great to get to see them (since they live in Kansas) and 
their super cute kiddos!
We decided to take some family photos!!
That's a lot of kids! =)
From the left (for those of you who aren't familiar with
who's who): Jeff and Becca (Jordan's sister and husband) and 
on their laps Jayce and Grace
then there's me and Jordan, with his little brother and sister on our laps:
Gabe and Emma.
Then Kelsey (Jordan's sister) and our newest nephew Hayden! =)


Holding Hayden!!


I love this picture! And I really miss my husband!!
For those of you who don't know, Jordan is in Alabama currently fulfilling
his Air Force Officer Training for his Health Professions
Scholarship. Its hard to be here on the island without him and without family.
But I've had plently of visitors which has been so fun!
We've never had a place where people could come visit 'comfortably' so I really
love that about our new place. I'm hoping to take some updated pictures and 
post about the new house soon!! 
But, if you'd like to come to the beach, we are right here!!!
We miss our friends and family. hope to see them soon!


4 comments:

Deborah Carl said...

We Miss You !!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You also look good holding a baby! :) Jayce and Grace are so cute holding Hayden. Is the band going on the road soon?
Trica C

Kaydi said...

Miss you Rachel and praying for both of you!

jordanandrachel said...

thank yall! your comments mean a lot to me, I had been discouraged from blogging b/c I wasn't sure who read them.=)
thanks again.