Saturday, July 30, 2011

as summer comes to a close

the end of July always makes me feel like summer is going to end so quickly..
so here are some more things that happened.

I think I told you all about the 8 week Research Program Jordan was in this May/June.

It was a great learning experience for him, and look what he won (and was published on the front page of UTMB's newsletter for) on the final day when 
all the medical students that do research present their 'Poster' of what they did/learned:
(PS I love reading the last sentence of the caption under his picture that says what his poster is about, b/c I still have YET to understand what in the world it means...I told him to stop trying to explain it.)
<>

Sorry, I HAVE to brag on my husband, bc he never does it for himself. Here is a better
picture of him and his poster that he made and designed himself (in case you wanted a closer look-b/c I know deep down you really do.....)


and on a lighter note, here is Bella helping me make it through a drive to Dallas-she
makes me smile=)


our friends Amanda and Phil were SO awesome to let us go with them to the Astros Game-
I love this 'air conditioned' stadium! And we were 13 rows back from home plate...THANK YOU GUYS!

on Pier 21 for 4th of July!

About to watch 4th of July fireworks with our friends Josh and Taylor

and my parents:


In Dallas for Kelsey's shower last weekend:

isn't she beautiful??!!

decorations!

with the mother of the bride //and little sister Emma

all the hostesses from the shower, it was fun to see family!

The wedding is in less than 6 weeks, I can't believe it!

Good thing I just tore the ligaments in my ankle jumping out of the truck and landing on a 
wonderful truck strap ratchet.

pictures and info to come about this later....

for now, I must get some sleep.



2 comments:

Deborah Carl said...

DON'T SAY SUMMER IS COMING TO A CLOSE....so sad : (

I loved getting to see you last weekend.
You are a treasure and a joy.
Thanks for blogging!

Love and miss ya, Mom2

Rachel's Mom said...

I love your new design and your blog. I must tell you, summer can't end fast enough for me. The heat is unbearable. Tell Jordan I am very proud of him. His board is awesome!!! Thanks again for the fun 4th of July and letting us stay with you. I am thinking about coming again soon.
Love You Lots,
Mom