Thursday, September 18, 2008

jordan's 1st day as a sub...& my new instruments=)

So yesterday was Jordan's first day of substitute teaching in my district, Grand Prairie ISD. He taught 1st Grade-hahaha! He thought the kids were interesting and funny, but at the same time, they were trying to take "advantage" of the substitute. He had the same ups and downs all new teachers would say about all the disciplining and craziness that goes on-but at least he made it through the day. And on top of it today the teacher even asked him to come back and sub for 4 more days-so I guess he did good! 
The funniest thing that happened during the day, was while Jordan was reading the book, 'Ms. Nelson is missing', a little boy asked to go to the bathroom. Jordan's response was-'you can wait'....the poor little boy replied, 'no i can't mr. teacher, i gotta dookie!' and with that, he let him go.
Everything in my classroom is going pretty well. I have my instruments now and that is very exciting. I took some pictures of my r
oom with all the stuff I got in it-I added some risers for the students to practice singing on and then you can see all the instruments! The kids just LOVE playing them, every day they ask me if they can play instruments today. I think its great that they can be exposed to so many different kinds of music and instruments..I wish I had that when I was a kid, but oh well, I turned out ok=) And I second was Lauren said on her bl
og- I love teaching, but I am tired of ALL the disciplining that goes on...yeesh.





2 comments:

Crystal said...

okay... the dookie thing is hillarious!!! and I am excited you getting to enjoy all your new instraments!!!

Unknown said...

As I expected, your classroom is neat as a pin!!! I wish I lived close by so I could hear your little musicians perform :) Jordan ... substitute teaching adds a real spice in life ... I'm glad you're doing it!