Monday, July 27, 2009

cherishing memories...


I think I will forever remember this summer, more than most...b/c its my 'first' summer as a teacher-getting PAID! And its just been so memorable, with trips that we've taken and are going to take... Jordan getting his desired score on the MCAT, and getting 5 interviews from Medical Schools! (yes, I said 5-all last week & this week he got them, and we are SOO excited).
Swim time at my parents=)
I had fun going to Mardel's and Chick Fi La with one of my best friends, and also fellow teacher: Lauren! It was good to hang out and get to catch up some...
we didn't take any pics, but this is her:
We had Sushi night at the Segreti's before Bonnie had the baby! It was delicious!=)

Then on Sunday, July 26-the baby was born, Matthew Gentry Segreti!:

....and my friend at school Robin, Averitt had her baby on Wed, July 29th at 11:12 am!! Her name is Adalyn Grace, and she weighed 8.1lbs, big babies!!=) This was their first, so cute:
I'm getting really excited about our trip to Hawaii which is in about 2 weeks now! We leave August 8th, and I can't wait! It's such a great way to end the summer.
Jeff and Becca drove down from Kansas on Friday to drop the kids off for a week while they go to their youth camp. So we got to spend Friday with them, and Kelsey too. It was a lot of fun!!
We went to this place called Shenanigan's with my family for Jennifer's bday, it was really cool! I enjoyed getting to spend time with them and play some bowling=)
I am sad that one of my best friends moved away this summer....Natalie Kreifels. I have known Natalie since 3rd grade, and we'd always been pretty good friends, but she left our HS after 9th grade and I didn't talk to her until the summer before college when we found out we were both going to DBU. We decided to room together, and it was SUCH a blessing from God. She is so precious and I love her to death! But she and her husband Jake, moved to Boerne at the end of June, and I'm pretty sad about it, but hopefully I will get to see her again soon, and many times thereafter...
That is our dorm room at DBU the day we moved in, back in 2004!
This is her & I a few days before they left.

Alright, well, I guess that is all for now. I will be updating yall about our trip to Houston this weekend and let you know how Jordan's interview went! Please keep us in your prayers and thanks for taking time to read this!=)

Thought for today I want to leave you with...
"Awaken what's inside of me. Tune my heart to all You are, and even though You're here, God come. May the vision of You be the death of me, and even though You've given everything, Jesus come."
-Shane and Shane song

2 comments:

Katie Keating said...

OMG the pic of you and Natalie in the dorm seriously made me cry! I miss those days :)

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Lots of going on in your summer! And I got a shout out! We should've taken a picture that day! Let's do something again soon!
Ps. Did you know that you put 08 instead of 09 on your header?