Thursday, August 5, 2010

the weekend before Jordan left for his AF training we went back up
 to Dallas to spend the weekend with family (and so I could stay there
for a week and not be alone!)
It was a lot of fun, and good memories were made!
 
Are we surprised that I wanted to take pictures together?

I like this one


 
we were actually having a BBQ with my family, it was good to be 
with everyone


TILLIE!


she's so cute, and so little=)


And of course, Madeline LOVES Zeus, I'm not sure the feeling
is mutual though..hahaha


we swam in the pool, or the guys did anyway...


LOL
The next day we headed over to the Carls house to spend time with
them as well. Its funny how both households have small babies-
it definitely is nice to be around them, they are both so sweet. 


At dinner!!! Look at that piece of meat! (not jordan, =) the actual piece of
meat on the table, lol.


Little Hayden and his shower cap!!!

 
the next morning we had breakfast with Hayden on the table! haha


Then I made Jordan take more pictures, poor guy! I said he had to make
up for being gone a month and all the pictures he would miss!! =)



So THEN...Jordan surprised me. Our Anniversary is on July 8th, and 
he of course was going to be gone for his training since he left
June 28th. I had NO idea, we left the Carls and he took me to the Gaylord Texan
for our 'mini-anniversary trip'!!!


I have always wanted to stay here, and he remembered me saying that
a while back. Plus its close to the airport=) hehe. 
It was SUCH an unexpected surprise. To get to be with him alone before
he left, and to celebrate our 4 YEAR anniversary! I can't believe it! Time really flies.




Walking around the Gaylord Resort.

I love the San Antonio feel you get here. Especially since that's where
we were when he asked me to be his girlfriend back a LONG time ago=)


Since I didn't know we were going I didn't really have 'appropriate clothes' 
like I would have liked, you know a nice dress or something. But it didn't 
really matter, I was so glad to have the time with him.


the next morning was so hard saying goodbye, especially since we have never
been apart for more than a week before, and this was 5 weeks.
The Lord definitely saw us through, and it was so nice to have so many people
come visit in Galveston to help me pass the time. Of course, he 
was just having a blast getting up every morning at 4am to go do
Physical Training and then class and moredrills, etc
and then not getting to bed every night until about 11 or 12! I dont know 
how he could do that, but he did. And he still managed
to call me almost every night=) And let me just say, iphones are 
really helpful when you have someone that is far away from you-everytime I had
friends/family over we would take pictures and send them to
Jordan so he felt like he was there. He said it really helped him not feel so far away.
I am CERTAINLY glad he is back now=) and I still have a lot of blogging to
catch up on, but I thought this was a good start.
Thanks!


1 comment:

Rachel's Mom said...

What a special summer. Our good & gracious God watched over everyone.