Thursday, July 19, 2012

Weeks 18-20 (Half Way!)

Week 18:

(a few days before week 18 started...)
I went to Dallas for the weekend to do a much
needed garage sale at Josh and Jennifer's house!
We were very blessed to make some good $$$ at that
sale, all of which will be going to Conrad's nursery...
(which I can't wait to finish!)

The day before the garage sale, my mom and I went to Buy Buy Baby
to pick out my glider for the nursery. That was the gracious
gift from my parents, so I was excited to pick one out with her:)
I decided to go with Dutailier, and I found this one
that was so comfy! It comes with built in 
nursing pillows, that fold up on the chair.
I love the extra room in the seat!
It also reclines, has multi positions and swivels.
I cannot wait for this to come in!! 
I ordered one with white wood and the fabric
is a distressed gray color-hopefully will last
a long while;)
this is just a generic picture of one I found online:


With my beautiful preggo sister-in-law!
After the sale we went to celebrate at the Oar House
which is probably my favorite restaurant ever!!

I got to give my mom her Mother's Day gift:
(please excuse my dad's halo:/)

After dinner, Jennifer, Josh and I went to
Northpark to get some maternity clothes-we had 
a lot of fun shopping!!


Got to stop by the Carls house for a few minutes to drop
off the Mother's day gift!
Working in his new library:
excited to open her Mother's Day gift:
 

When I got back Sunday night, we went to see The Avengers!
There's this really neat movie theater near our house
called iPic (I believe there's one in McKinney for you
Dallas people;)
Anyway, it was a lot of fun getting out together in the
midst of all the studying Jordan has been doing!
(PS-loving my new maternity clothes! haha)



On Monday, May 24th 2012, was the first time I ever felt the baby move.
I was lying in bed about to get up when I felt a "pop" in my belly!!
It was so startling and amazing at the same time.
Jordan couldn't feel it yet at this point, but he sure was trying.

Week 19:

This week we finally decided on a nursery theme!
We had been going back and forth on this for a while...
cars, planes, animals...?
Now that we know he's a boy, it makes it a little easier to decide.
I knew for sure I wanted gray...I LOVE gray. I mean, I had
already decided and ordered your crib (which I will be revealing 
later after hubby puts it together:) in gray.
So after many hours of searching the internet, going to
look at the baby stores and emailing pics to Jordan, we finally
decided on the theme.....ANIMALS! 
This is the bedding we decided on, and the very 1st nursery 
"inspiration board" I made up after we decided
 (i've tweaked some things since then) :


So its mainly gray, white and orange. With a splash of green
and some other fun colors too!! I'm mainly using the crib sheet, bumper 
and the quilt (for display) from the bedding set. I am planning to
get the skirt somewhere else:)
I'd like to get the chevron rug in orange instead of gray, and 
I just love the little birdie pillow!!
Anyway, hopefully we can start setting the nursery
up soon now that we know our theme!

This is also the week that Jordan finally started feeling
Conrad kick!! That was such a fun and exciting time knowing 
that we can both feel our precious little boy move.

I also went to Dallas this weekend (again!) for some birthday
parties, but I will make that a separate post (there are a lot of pics:).

Week 20:

This week officially marks the halfway point! It is
crazy how fast time has flown since we first found out...

Jennifer gave me some super cute milestone stickers for Mothers Day
(how sweet is that?) and I'm so excited to get to use my first one this week:)

Took this to show I can still see my toes;) haha. Trying to take my own pics 
(Jordan was studying..)

He helped me take this one:)

Week 20 was when we decided on your middle name:

CONRAD MASON CARL

Conrad is a family name, like I mentioned before, but Mason,
however, is a name we just both really liked;)

Jordan takes his test on June 11th (his 27th Birthday) 
so the day before, he decided to do something productive
instead of studying all day...

I was so excited when he opened the box!!

Bella is thinking this may be her new kennel...ha!

almost done-eek!!

Looking good!!! I LOVE this crib:)
Now I have motivation to clear out the rest of the
room and get started on decorating!

Can't wait for next week's appointment!!






















No comments: