Thursday, October 9, 2008

Katie and Stephen's Cancun Wedding








I know it has been a long time coming, but I am FINALLY putting pictures up and blogging about my best friend-Katie's wedding. It was in Cancun, Mexico on the top of the Beach Palace Resort at sunset. My mom and I went on Friday afternoon and made it for the rehearsal dinner, and then the wedding the next day-we left Sunday afternoon. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in her wedding. Katie and Stephen stayed in Cancun for a week after the wedding to honeymoon there. They then went back to live together in Los Angeles, California. Stephen is trying to get a youth pastor position out there, and Katie has a great internship at Fleisman.
On the day of the wedding we were quite worried because the weather was NOT looking good. They said it was going to rain, and the people in charge of the wedding were saying that she was going to have to have it inside. Naturally, they were very upset and worried-b/c there dream wedding was about to be ruined. Thankfully, the rain come and went-and right around the time Katie was walking down the aisle, the sun was setting and it was absolutely gorgeous!! It was all worth it=) The ceremony was great, I loved how Christ-centered it was, and their vows were amazing. I was so glad that I was able to go. My mom and I had a great time together as well. Enjoy the pictures!! 

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Rach-
Wow, thank you for your comforting words... I am not kidding when I say that it feels like I am starting my life out walking on water! As I can see you are quite familiar with! haha... but about the moving thing...I will def. be praying about that for you guys, that can open the door for stress and all sorts of things, but it can also open the door for growth! I have a story I have to tell you... God is so funny... I will write in on my blog later, I have a class in 15 min. so I have to go, but you should read it after I post it, you will get a kick out of it! Also, I need you address, I have something for you...send it to me in a facebook msg?! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love this post!!! I hadn't checked out your blog yet but now might have to start my own...crap! Another thing to get addicted to :)

Miss you and loved getting your text the other night! If it takes me forever to respond it is probably because I'm working...not ignoring at all. I'm so glad I got to see you in Cancun and hopefully will get to see you again soon. Missing TX...

I will try to start one of these things...