Sunday, January 25, 2009

thank goodness for medications....

Well, I am going to actually put up a post with OUT pictures....and really, the only reason is b/c my camera is 'broken' temporarily and (thank goodness for warranties!) is being fixed.

I must say that I love being a teacher, but I am loathing the sicknesses that come along with it. I know its only supposed to be your 'first year' that you get really really sick, but I am definitely sick of being SICK! It would be different if we (as teachers) got to sit at our desks all day and feel miserable, but no, when you're sick-you still have to get up on your 'stage' and act the part-and that is what makes it so terrible to be sick. I hate that part of it. But, like my post says: thank goodness for medications, they are a wonderful thing. I have been taking a LOT of prescriptions and meds since Thur, but I think I am starting to feel their help today. Maybe by tomorrow I will feel more 'normal'. 
This weekend I got to sleep a LOT, and read! I finished the book I had been reading since (don't freak out) July. It was a great book, but I just hadn't been much of a reader until now. One of my New Year's resolutions was to read at LEAST one book a month. So first, I had to finish the one I was 'currently' reading-Mozart's Sister. I finally finished it Thursday night-since I had been sick in bed all evening. Then I started a new book (thanks to my good friend Lauren!) called Redeeming Love. OMW-this is a wonderful book! I can't seem to put it down. It actually made me somewhat happy I was sick b/c I could just lay there (with good reason) and read!! I am half way through it so far and hope to finish it before the month is over.

Anyway, sorry this post has a lot of 'quotes' and (parenthesis)....=0
Hopefully next time I post I will have my camera back=) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you're getting sick so often! i'm sure it was nice to sleep and read this weekend though. i absolutely LOVED redeeming love and i've read it twice just because it's so good! what's next on your list of books to read?

Ashley said...

I'm sorry your sick! no fun!

Redeeming Love is phenomonal! I think I've read it every year at least once for the past 3-4 years. I love it. Francine Rivers is definitely my favorite author! You should pick up her "Mark of the Lion" series - it is amazing! :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Yes, Rachel, you do need to read Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion Series--I have it, too! You can read it after Twilight! haha :)

Jo Brock said...

Hey, sorry you are sick...my mom is a teacher and she says when she starts feeling sick, she takes airborne...she says it works! Echinacea works great too!

Crystal said...

Hey Rach.... Great to hear from you! Yes, I did get a dress, and I think I am going to send out a facebook message pretty soon giving everyone the details I have so far... but anyways, umm, I am not sure about what I am going to do after my masters... I will graduate next August (2010) which is the same time Cody will hopefully be starting his PhD... so it's kindof up to where he gets into school as to what jobs are available for me... ideally, I would like to be a therapist for children that are in hospice, health care, or even a social service center... who knows... just waiting on the Lord really, so much fun! It is so awesome the He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, yet each new day is NEW with Him! Along with everyone else on here, I am sorry you have been getting sick so much this past year...no fun! Well, keep an eye out for a facebook message! I love you and know that you are a blessing to so many! I praise Jesus for you!