Wednesday, February 4, 2009

a big mush of random....

I finished Redeeming Love last week and it was so good! I am so glad I got to read that book b/c it was definitely worth it. I just started the 'Mark of Lion' series which to me is very different from Redeeming Love, but still a great book, so far. 
I'm excited about next week b/c I get to go to San Antonio for 3 days!! woohooo! Its the annual Texas Music Educators Association convention. I can't believe it was just one year ago that I was going with my college education class to the convention and I was hoping I would find a job being a teacher! God has definitely provided the perfect one, I love where I work! I will get to go to the Alumni dinner on  Friday night and see some of my DBU friends which is very exciting!! The sad part about it is that it is over Valentine's weekend (as always...=( So Jordan and I will have a very difficult time celebrating this year between: me being gone Friday night, us having to work at the Valentine's Dinner Fundraiser at our church ON Valentines Evening AND Jordan not really liking the holiday in the first place...lol. We'll see what ends up happening, if anything...
Nothing else is really new in our lives...and my camera is still in the 'shop' so...I don't have any new pics! arrghhh.
OH-I did start 're-learning' how to sew! I had forgotten how to use my sewing machine b/c it had been so long since the last time I used it=) But I went back to the place I got it and they showed me the basics on it again...and now I am up and running. The only thing I've ever 'sewn' that was 'major' was a little quilt, and some VERY basic curtains...but I'm hoping to learn how to use a pattern and make something, and how to alter clothing...that's my goal for now-we'll see how far I get!! 

And last but not least...so last time I had pics they were of Jordan's family...and this time (since I love to post pics..) I thought I would put up some pics of MY family and a little bit about them (in case you didn't know=):


Look how nice and dressed up my parents are!!=)
 My parents have owned their own business (Magnum Home Service) together since 1985 and they are still goin' strong (Lord willing with this economy=)!
My older brother Matt and his wife Alethea!=)
Matt works for a medical laser company (Mednet Systems)  and Alethea is a stay-at-home mom of 2 beautiful kiddo's(Peyton and Madeline)!
My oldest brother Josh and his girlfriend (soon to be fiance) Jennifer=)
.school school school and more school! lol

4 comments:

Crystal said...

AMEN to school!!! =-)

Rachel's Mom said...

Anyday can be Valentine's Day!
I like the family pics you posted.
Dad & I are so proud of all of our
wonderful kids & grandkids. God's
love & blessings are immeasurable.
We give all glory to God.

Ashley said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment. CrossFit is really a means to get fit. We're not training for anything. We did a triathlon a year and a half ago and we didn't train like we are now. :) Another reason why we are doing it is it's a potential platform for going overseas. Josh has thought of being a trainer over there and this would be an excellent way to become one because it is trainer led and community based workouts. So that's what we're thinking! :) Hope you're well! Loved the pictures!

Anonymous said...

hey girl, we actually watched Fireproof last night too! it was to kick-off our Bible study and we really enjoyed it! i definitely teared up a little at the end. haha anyway, we'll be starting The Love Dare next week, so i'll let you know how it goes!