Monday, February 9, 2009

This way and that a way....


So I've been thinking lately, and I think I am going to be blogging about my trip to Paris that I took last year...I didn't have a 'blog' when I went, or came back and a lot of my family and friends didn't get to see the narrated version with pictures...and since there isn't a WHOLE lot going on with us lately, it seemed like a good idea. But it will require me to 'rack' my  brain a little bit about the details of the trip....so we'll see=)

Anyway, a lot of yall don't know about our 'hobby', well, its more my hobby than Jordan's-but he does come with me to help and support! I have had a lot of fun the last few weeks 'training' Bella (and Zeus). I am trying to get mainly Bella ready to do a dog agility show! We train at the Canine Workshop off of I-20 near Mesquite. We started off there last summer just to get some obedience training in, and then we found out that Bella was pretty good at the agility courses. We kind of held off for a little while there over the holidays when it was pretty cold. Then in January I was able to start back up again! 
They look so cute runnin around on the agility track where we train. Zeus comes with us and does the same stuff Bella does, but he just doesn't enjoy it as much-so he kind of looks like an actual skunk-just kind of 'hobblin' around. It's good for Zeus to get out and get the exercise though, so I enjoy bringing him. I think sometime's Jordan gets tired of draggin him around the courses though=) Bella is a lot of fun to train. She's very smart, fast and agile....but there are times she gives in to her natural 'pomeranian ways' of randomly just running off and being very 'off-task' to put it nicely. I am not sure when she will be ready to compete, but hopefully soon. I'm going to try and get Jordan to take a couple pics next time, or possibly a little video so some of yall can see what they can do! 
I have a few pics of a regular agility course-like the ones we work on-so you can see what it kind of looks like, or until I get some pics of my own!=)
First off: I just had to add these pics of our doggies:


This is Zeus-he's a prissy little guy, very beautiful and the sweetest dog ever!
Then there's Bella....while she is a 4lb cutie, and a little prissy...but, she's a sassy little thing=)
No-this is NOT Bella-but I thought this picture was HILARIOUS!=) lol...that's kinda what Bella looks like when she's going over a jump!
This is what a course looks like that we will run with the dogs. There are a few jumps, a couple tunnels, maybe a tire jump and an 'a-frame'. Bella can run VERY fast, and has some natural talent especially since she loves doing the agility, however, trying to get her to focus is the challenge. Zeus on the other hand, just does it out of force, but he enjoys a good run every now and then. 
OK, well enough about our dogs then..I know some of yall think we are crazy!! I just kind of think of this as more of a hobby actually-I'm getting to exercise, be with Jordan, and the dogs have fun! And it's kind of unique (from anyone I know at least). So I'll keep you updated if Bella gets into a show anytime soon=) don't hold your breath on Zeus...

3 comments:

Rachel Carl & CO. said...

I think it's great that you two do that with the dogs. It keeps the "fam" together : ) I'd love to see a video of my grandogs running the course. How very rude of you not to keep their grandparents more closely updated on their activities!

Rachel's Mom said...

I can't wait to go to Bella's first agility show. Let me know when it is as soon as you can so I can get it on my super busy calender. I think it is a good hobby because it benefits both of you and your pets. And it is really CUTE! Good Memories!!

Jo Brock said...

Haha, you are cracking me up! The way you talk about your dogs sounds similar to the way I talk about my kids! I had dogs before kids too, so I understand! I always call our dog my first baby! I think it is so fun that you are doing this! I love dogs! Your doggies are super cute too...tiny!