Thursday, September 3, 2009

goodbye august!

So, here are some things that have been going on with me since school started last Monday! I can't believe tomorrow will conclude the 2nd week of school already!! wow, time flies!!
Over the weekend I went over to the Carl's house and saw them for a little bit-they were doing all kinds of funny stuff in the backyard, it was fun! I can't wait to see my side of the family this weekend for labor day=)

Here is Kelsey and Emma at Brooklyn's pizza place!!


Emma jumping off the play structure in the backyard, and me hoping Jordan does catch her! She was all the way up on the top of that ladder type thing...he did though-don't worry=)
Then he was experimenting with his strength with Gabe....ha, this one always makes me laugh.

The Carl's wanted to clean out their garage, so Jordan and his mom were going over some things he 'left behind' =)

They were playing with a butterfly (that girl is a neighbor friend down the street)

And they caught a lizard!! When I was little a lizard would have scared me...they still do scare me when they scurry around on the ground as I'm walking to my house, lol.
This first one of Emma makes me laugh!!


I recently auditioned and joined the AMC (Arlington Master Chorale) with some of my other music teacher friends in Grand Prairie and Arlington. Its fun to get to go sing on the professional level again, and spend some time with the girls! (It is a full SATB choir, however, I'm surrounded by girls in the soprano section! And my friends in there happen to sing my part and we get to sit next to each other=) I go every Monday night.
We will be performing a couple times this fall season and once in the Spring. I will let yall know about the concerts once it gets closer in case someone wants to come!



I just thought about the fact that most of you have never seen my school! This is what the front looks like, its so pretty and new!!
And this is the musical program I am currently working on with my 3rd graders! It's called School House Rock! And its going to be sooo cute when they kids perform! (no, these are not my kids, but I am a picture person, I like to have examples to give people an idea=) So this is just an example of someone else's set that put on this show.
We will perform in October, and it will not only be the first musical production at Williams Elementary, it will also be my first time to put together a show! I'm nervous, and excited at the same time, b/c I know our kids will be great=)

As far as everything else..we are still trying to sell our house, we've had an offer, but I'm not sure its going to work out. It would be nice though, b/c Jordan's drive to Fort Worth every morning and afternoon is really wearing on him. As much as we don't want to move further away from our family, it would be very helpful if we were in somewhere like Grand Prairie or Arlington, so Ill keep you updated.
And Bella's leg/knee is still hurting her, however, she seems better. We are not sure about surgery with her yet or not. I do want to start up her training again though, I really miss doing it, and she needs the exercise.
So that's everything for us right now.

Oh ya, one last thing-this is a MAJOR blessing from the Lord and we were so taken aback at His tremendous blessing in this area: At our church, (where Jordan is the worship leader) they were having budget problems, and they were going to cut back on a lot of things, including his salary. This was going to hurt us, esp. since he just started that Masters program and had to quit his other job. We had been praying about how we would adjust if this went through (since they said it would be a few weeks before it all was approved). Anyway, after the meeting Sunday about the budget, apparently someone donated the amount that covered the budget deficit! It was very amazing! I cannot express how great it is to be a child of God, living under His will, and getting to experience the great blessings of His provision in our lives. He truly is an amazing Creator and Father.
I just wanted to tell that story b/c it really spoke to me this week as to how loving our Lord is.

6 comments:

Deborah Carl said...

My Dear Daighter-In-Love... These are not the most flattering pictures of the Carl Clan...but we still love ya ; )

Rachel's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel's Mom said...

I like the funny pictures. We are looking forward to Gabe's b-day party next weekend. And looking forward to the School House Rock show and the upcoming choir concerts. God surprises us
with His goodness & mercy.
Love You Kids

Crystal said...

Rach! Thanks for the lovely note!! Testimonies like that are just evidence that we serve a God that is interested and involved in our daily lives!! I cannot imagine living any other way!! =-) Whoo Hoo!! Enjoy your weekend!! Love you!

Unknown said...

Rachel,
I loved looking at your pictures. You are so organized and creative, the School House Rock show will be
great. The students are blessed to have such a wonderful,caring teacher.

tc

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

that is really cool! God is great that way :)

the school house rock thing is cool - i should pass that on to our music teacher!