Sunday, September 13, 2009

new apartment in arlington...


Our internet has been out for the past 3 days now, but thankfully Jordan has figures out a way for me to do internet tethering on my iphone (gotta love those handy things) so here I am getting to use my computer for a little bit!!
I wanted to update everyone on our situation (people got confused when I was posting things on facebook..)
Jordan and I had our condo up for sale, and someone put in an offer for it (which we took) last week. They had the inspector come yesterday and we're closing on Sept 28th!
We are moving to Arlington b/c Jordan is in that Master's program, and its all the way in Forth Worth. He's having to drive an hour there and back, sometimes 2-3x's a day. That's why we chose Arlington-its a good 'half way' point between where I work in Grand Prairie and then his school (without getting too far away from our friends and family!)
Yesterday my mom was nice enough to go apartment shopping with me!! (Jordan was studying and I wouldn't have wanted him for that anyway, he HATES shopping-any form of it=)
We looked and/or called 7 different places! And the first one we went to ended up being the best deal, so Jordan met me up there later in the day and we put down a deposit-since we're moving in 2 weeks!
Its a really nice place, very cute-and they were running great specials-so we got an awesome deal! Its a huge 2bedroom 2bath with a balcony. They have big walk in closets and big spacious rooms. I like the accent walls (they provide those in the colors you want free!) and they also have a little doggie park! I can take Zeus and Bella off their leash and let them run around=) haha. Its off of Collins and I-20. I do not like posting picture-less blogs, so I had to find some pictures of this place to give people an idea of where we're living! A lot of you that read this are out of town anyway, so its nice to have a visual.
I will of COURSE post more pictures when we actually move in and I put our stuff in it.
There aren't pictures of the Master Bathroom, closets, balcony or the laundry room, but I figured this was enough, lol=)
Our floorplan is called the Magnolia...These are the 'stock' photo's on their website:







We are sad to leave our condo. It was our first purchase as a married couple and pretty much the first place we've lived for most of our marriage (since the other apt was only for 6 months). We've really enjoyed it there, and its where Zeus and Bella 'grew up' basically (don't laugh!) so it will be sad to see it go. Although there will be some things we won't miss about it, I'm sure most of you know what its like leaving your first 'home'.
But its not like I have a whole lot of time to think about it-I've already started packing things up! I only have this week and we're moving next weekend (the 26th)!
Hope everyone had a great rainy weekend....=)

3 comments:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

looks good! packing and moving is no fun! :( maybe you'll be better at it than me! :)

Unknown said...

Since you did the shopping to find an apartment... maybe Jordan can do the moving!

Deborah Carl said...

I'm so glad you all found a place that's just right for you. We'll be there to help pack and move... We're the packers and movers...not the shoppers : )
Love you bunches,
Mom2