Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lately...in Galveston

So I wanted to update everyone on things going on here in Galveston.
We have really settled in nicely and found some amazing friends here!!

We went to the military day at the Astro's game! It was a lot of fun!!!
 Me and Jordan=)  Phil and Amanda-he's in the AF too! Stacy & Adam-our other close friends came too!
(PS these 2 guys-Phil & Adam are good friends of Jordan's, so it works out nicely for us girls!)
It was a beautiful evening! (kinda windy though...)
And, I always enjoy seeing my man in his uniform=)


Another thing I've been up to-  I started a 'wives club' at UTMB! 
I was shocked to hear that there wasn't one (the last one was back in 2004)
and UTMB told me I could start a new one, so I did!! 
We are called SOMS (Spouses of Medical Students)
Its been so great meeting new ladies that are going through the 
same thing! We are doing about 2-5 things a month together, so its lots of fun!
The pictures below should get most (but not all) of the women in our group at various events=)

At the Mod Coffee House=)

from left: Stacy, Me, Kirsten, Caitlin, Kate, Heather,Whitney & her baby Jayden
Amanda(in pink) and then Jacklyn with her baby boy Luke!

(Just FYI-Kirsten is the wife of 3rd yr med student, 
Caitlin and Jacklyn are wives of a 2nd yr med student and 
Heather just married a 4th yr-
the rest of us are wives of 1st years)


Me and Kate, Whitney & Jayden!, Me with Jayden! Jacklyn & Luke, Me and Amanda!

On the Strand at the Art Walk:
Lissett, Kate, Taylor and Amanda!

In one of the cute shops!!
Lissett (w/ her 2nd baby on the way! Amanda, Kate, Taylor & Me!

I love these girls they are so much fun! And I feel so blessed to have 
found so many wives that know exactly how I feel! It is so great to have 
that type of support system, and people that I can share my heart with,
and pray with while we go through this LONG and difficult journey.
Its such a blessing, and something that I need to remind myself of,
that God takes care of us, even when we feel that He has maybe forgotten
about us, or what we're going through, He knows what we need
 and what will get us through and He graciously gives it.
=)



1 comment:

carlj said...

I'm glad you are having fun with your lady friends. Nice blog wonderful woman.