Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weeks 30 + 31

Week 30:



I think pregnancy is starting to hit me this week....I really can see my belly 
growing, and not only that, I have started swelling REALLY bad.
I noticed it a little bit a couple weeks ago and thought I could get it to
go down, but now it seems to be getting worse. I'm also experiencing 
pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, its very painful and wakes me up at night!

 I had to cut off my pinky ring that I've worn since I was 16 when 
Jordan gave it to me. I had it made into a pinky ring after we got married
(and I had a wedding ring:) The swelling with this ring was just too unbearable and 
started to cut off my circulation so Jordan snipped it.
I'm sure it will be able to be put back together though...
The line is still on my finger where it was digging in my skin;(



This weekend our friends, Ted and Megan Smith, came to Austin for a friend of 
their's wedding.  We were so happy they stayed at our house-
we love having visitors !
They got here Friday night (08/17) and we got to grill some food and hang out for 
a little while.

Saturday, I had my newborn care class. I was pretty excited about this,
but bummed Jordan couldn't come along with me (he was on call at the hospital).
I learned a lot of great stuff and was able to show Jordan everything when he got home, haha;)

Week 31:
This is Jordan's last week of his surgery rotation!! YAY!!! The schedule
has been so rough, I am ready for it to be over with and on to something with more
normal hours...I think he is relieved as well. 
He was super sweet and surprised me with a prenatal massage
on Friday (while he's taking his surgery exam).
It felt so unbelievably good, it even helped with my swelling a little bit,
although that still seems to be getting worse. 
I made the final decision that my swelling was not going to go down
enough to get off my wedding band (yes I have tried EVERYTHING to get 
it off myself). I went to a jeweler and had them use one of those special
"ring cutters" to get it of..
Whew feeling much better now without that!
(and no, that's not a bruise, that's a tattoo I got in Hebrew that says Jordan's 
name..(he has a matching one with my name).
however, its really messed up looking now after all its been through;)


Saturday (08/25) morning Jordan went rock climbing with some of his
buddies from school...and this was actual rock climbing outside (yes I was nervous).
His family was on there way from Dallas to hang out with us for the weekend
since he was done with surgery and had some freetime;)

When he came home he was bleeding all over his leg and had a huge
burn/cut on his arm.....
Apparently they thought he was clipped in when he wasn't and he fell
about 10 feet and hit his shin on a rock! The hole was really gross,
open and deep-he definitely needed stitches. 
Do you think we went to the emergency room? No way. Not 
when Jordan just finished surgery and suturing was fresh on his mind;)
(I was not for this...btw...I wanted to go to the hospital)
Since he had a fresh, sterile suturing kit, and all the tools he decided 
to save the money and do it himself. (sounds like a guy right?)

I boiled the instruments and brought him the tools.
It was incredibly painful (I could tell...) so I left the room when he was
actually "stitching" and came back in to help cut the stitching.
Afterwards, it looked pretty good! 
(don't worry, he went and got a tetanus booster at Walgreens:)
I did the picture in black and white so it didn't look so gross:
It's healing pretty nicely.
However, the rope burn in his arm pit from the fall is pretty painful...
and also gross looking.

So after he was done stitching Jordan's family arrived! 
We hung out at the house a little bit and then went out to eat 
on Lake Travis at The Oasis restaurant:

Singing in the car: "Somebody that I used to know" :)



 Sunday morning we went to Einstein Brother's bagels before church at The Stone:

After church we were going to go kayaking, but since Jordan had a huge
nasty open wound on his leg and some pretty nasty arm burn, we thought it
best to just go see a movie;)

I was pretty swollen and tired anyway, so sitting in a dark, cold room with my
feet up for 2 hours sounded nice:)
We saw The Odd Life of Timothy Green, it was pretty good;)
Although the end made me cry, a lot.

After the movie we all went over to The Domain for some
California Pizza Kitchen!! I love that place so much. 
Then we ate so much we had to walk around the outdoor mall
area. My feet were hurting pretty bad after that, so I was happy to 
go home and rest. The Carl's left straight from the mall, we 
were sad to see them go!!

The next day Jordan started his Pediatrics rotation at Dell Children's Hospital.
I decided it was time to go to Costco and do my "postpartum stock up" on 
essentials (toothpaste, tp, shampoo, cleaning supplies, razors, etc)
I had a full car when it was over!!

I also went grocery shopping and got some more items...I was gone almost 
all day (I shop slow when I'm alone:) and then came home to unload/put away
everything. I was so incredibly swollen, my feet hurt and exhausted....
but I was really glad I got all that stuff done;) I feel much more prepared now.
I have the hospital bag ready, the diaper bag, his nursery is almost complete 
(just waiting on the rocker) and now the house is well stocked.
I know I have like 8-10 more weeks, I just like to plan ahead 
because you never know what might happen!! ;)


Thanks for reading!


No comments: