Sunday, September 30, 2012

Greyson's Shower & Weeks 33 + 34

Week 33:

I'm so excited my baby book came in! When you're on bed rest you have
lots of time to search and shop the internet;) haha!
I read for a while about the best one, and fell in love with the Ruby Love
Modern Baby book off etsy. You get to customize the outside fabric
as well as the inside colors, I am SO pleased with it:)

I'm planning to change out the front window to have his initial-so it doesn't say that:)

Inside pages...I choose grey and orange:


Anyway...
After my first week and a half on bed rest, I was ready to get out of the house!
I am so grateful I am able to go to Dallas for Jennifer's shower and see family.

We left Friday after Jordan got off work, that night we had dinner
with my parents and played some games around the table:

Bella wanted to help Jordan keep score:

______________________________________________________________

The next morning was Greyson and Jennifer's Baby Shower!
It was held at the Chocolate Angel in Richardson. 
These are the invitations: (just FYI this is not their real address;)


That morning before the shower I had a hair appointment. I figured it
was the last time I would be able to get it done for a while...plus
I found out that Trudy (the lady that does my hair) is moving to
Colorado....this was sad news. Its hard to find people you like that do 
your hair -(ladies, you know what I mean!:)
I decided to get some low lights for fall coming up:

#33 Weeks


Alethea picked me up and we rode to the shower:
Beautiful flowers from Central Market and pretty vintage lace jars for decoration:




The shower favors had this cute little poem Jennifer sent me "from Greyson" that went
with mini jars of bath salts for the guests to take home (courtesy of Jennifer:)




The beautiful guest of honor:


with the hostesses of the shower:
(from left: Heather Fetty, Jennifer Kirby, Alethea Kirby and Me)


The food was so delicious. I still think about it;) lol.




2 Pregnant sisters!!! 


The 3 of us together, I love my sister in laws!! ;)


OK, gift time:

I love all the cute girl outfits!!!
bows bows bows


I like these:)


From us:


Super cute card, I love her reaction, haha:


the whole loot (before they loaded it up)



The shower was beautiful, Jenn got a lot of great stuff;) I wish I could have helped out more, 
but I was so glad to be able to be there.


Later that night, Jordan drove me to his parents house so we could
relax with them a little bit 
(since we probably won't see them again until the birth!)
 and to give Gabe his birthday present a little early.

We made s'mores around their fire pit, so yummy...I think I just
got a craving for s'mores while typing this...haha.
Anyway, I was exhausted after all the activity, 
so we couldn't stay long.


We left early the next morning to head back to Austin. 

It was not so fun to come home to a flat tire...
He's a good sport though:)


Yesterday, during the shower, Jordan drove with my brother, Josh
to pick up our glider that finally came in at Buy Buy Baby!!
He also was able to purchase our CityMini Baby Jogger stroller
that was on our registry. Both gifts from my parents, we were
very grateful and excited about!
I can't wait to go on walks again-but with Conrad!

He was so sweet to put it together as soon as we got home 
(he knew how excited I was to put up the final piece)

yay! I love the way it looks! I was kind of nervous when we ordered it
(back in May) when the nursery wasn't even completed. It's hard to custom order
colors when you can't see them all together. I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and
glad I can finally put out my little bird pillow from Land of Nod;)


Week 34:

My bed rest really hasn't been that bad at all because we have just had so
much going on, making the weeks go by quicker than expected;) 
On Tuesday, Josh and Jennifer came to Austin to stay at our house for 
their Maternity photo shoot on Wednesday. It was nice to have
company over and for them to see the nursery and everything.

Here is a sneak peek at how gorgeous her pictures turned out!

They left Wednesday night after their shoot. It was good to see them!

Sticker pics...growing growing!
#34 WEEKS!!

I can't wait to find out how big this boy is getting...

Thanks for reading!



























1 comment:

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

Yay! You're almost caught up with blogging! Can't wait to read the next one with your baby shower pics! :) I can't believe you're gonna have a baby this week!!!! :) :) :)